Graduate Entry Assessment
Exercise science is the foundation to exercise physiology, therefore, when applying to ESSA to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, you must also demonstrate that you meet the Professional Standards and practicum requirements for exercise science.
If you have completed an ESSA-accredited exercise science course and/or hold current AES accreditation then you are automatically deemed to have met the exercise science requirements. As of 1 November 2021 you will no longer be required to submit evidence of exercise science practicum to ESSA for review.
A Graduate Entry assessment is available to those who:
- Have completed or are enrolled in the final semester of a non-ESSA accredited Bachelor degree in/or related to the field of exercise and sports science AND
- Are applying to undertake ESSA-accredited postgraduate study in the near future* in order to become an Accredited Exercise Physiologist
The Graduate Entry assessment is not an accreditation, it is purely an assessment of your coursework and practicum against the Exercise Science Standards and practicum requirements. On completion of the assessment, you will be provided with an outcome letter which will outline the elements you have 'Met' or 'Not Yet Met'. This letter can be provided to the university you’re applying to for postgraduate study.
*A Graduate Entry assessment outcome is only valid for a period of up to 12 months. You must be enrolled in the postgraduate course prior to the expiration date stated in the outcome letter.
You must provide a certified copy for your ID with your application to ESSA. Examples of acceptable photo ID and instructions on how to certify the copy can be found here.
Certified Photo ID
Application Processing Fees:
- An application fee of $175 incl GST applies and is payable when your application is received.
- An additional assessment fee of $55 incl GST applies in the event that we need to request additional information or documentation from you to progress the assessment, payable prior to continuing assessment.
- A maximum of two additional assessments are allowed per application. If your application is not approved after two additional assessments OR if you fail to supply information by the due date, your application will be finalised as declined.
- Additional information must be supplied within 1 month.
- Additional assessments are processed within 30 working days.
- All assessment and processing fees are non-refundable.
Got a question?
Please review the application form carefully as this provides information on how to complete the application.
If you still have questions or would like guidance with your application, please click
the link below to chat with an assessor. You can also contact us at [email protected]
Brief chat (15 minutes) with an assessor
Extended chat (30 minutes) with an assessor
Additional Resources, Templates and Guides: