Communicating With Everything but Your Voice
You know the Scenario: You are worried and stressed and although you are being spoken to, you just can’t hear. In the 1950s Ray Birdwhistell found that only 35% of communication is absorbed through the words and further research by Mehrabian showed astounding lack of comprehension especially in emotional situations. But we unadvisedly continue to focus on what doesn’t work.
In this online activity you will tap into your physical excellence and learn to use your eyes, your hands and your body positioning to really capture the attention of the listener.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 1 April, 2021.
Presented by Dr Louise Mahler, PhD, CSP, B.Econ, B.Mus, M.App.Sc, M.Mus, Master Prac NLP
Louise is a powerhouse of knowledge and performance excellence. Rarely does one find a powerhouse of academic insight, observational excellence and dynamic delivery to shed new light on a topic that’s critical to us all – ourselves! Louise’s inimitable style and deep insight in her field are shared in keynotes and coaching internationally, where high-stake leadership beckons. A foremost expert in body language, voice and human behaviour, Louise has a PhD in Business, and degrees and masters in Organisational Psychology as well as Music.
Her skills as a Master Practitioner in Neuro-Linguistic Programming pull together her academic study and years of professional performance on the European opera stage to put her in a league of her own. In the process of completing her award-winning PhD, Louise observed a ‘missing ingredient’ in corporate leadership around the unsung wisdom of the mind-body-voice connection she calls Vocal Intelligence. These blended skills bring powerful observation that elicits discernible, positive change and together with an understanding of the psychology behind high-stake engagements and the structures for handling emotion, combine to build the Mahler Method. The Mahler Method teaches you the vital techniques to ‘be heard’ in hostile environments.
Louise is regular contributor to the media appearing on Australian television, appearing in print and radio and speaks and coaches worldwide. She is in demand through Adobe in the USA, India and the South Pacific, has travelled with Gartner to the USA and Europe and is a repeat guest for the elite Million Dollar Round Table Top Tables in the USA. Her book ‘Resonate’ is published by Penguin/Random House.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
You will be provided information on how to access this Online Activity within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.