Anti-Discrimination and Inclusion in the Workplace
The ‘Anti-Discrimination and Inclusion in the Workplace’ presentation is designed to enhance professional readiness to tackle discrimination and promote an inclusive workplace. It is relevant to managers and practitioners in clinical exercise science and rehabilitation as well as exercise and sport science. This presentation aims to grow your professional expertise by:
- Identifying the scope of discriminatory behaviour in the workplace (e.g., sexism, homophobia, racism, ageism, ableism, harassment, bullying, vilification, victimisation)
- Explaining the legal and ethical reasons for anti-discrimination measures
- Recognise the business, health and safety, and ethics case for workplace diversity and inclusion
- Responding to diversity with inclusive workplace policies and procedures
Participants will engage in a pre-learning activity, which will be followed up with a revision, discussion and Q&A opportunity during the presentation.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 18 November 2020.
Presented by Dr Dennis Hemphill, PhD
Dennis is currently a self-employed educator building ethics capability in sport and exercise industry professionals. He is an Honorary Professor (Institute for Health and Sport, Victoria University) who conducts professional ethics workshops for universities, AFL and ESSA. Dennis, a co-editor of the book Clinical Exercise Practice: A Case-based Approach, has served as Chair of the ESSA Ethics and Disciplinary Committee, and as an advisor for the Sport Scientist accreditation and reviewer of the AES and AEP accreditation.
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
You will be provided information on how to access this Online Activity within your registration confirmation email.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited Sports Scientist
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Myself" button below
: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ)
: click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration which holds a 1% merchant fee. Merchant fee included in registration cost below.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.