ACL Injury Prevention
ACL injuries and ACL reconstructions are on the rise worldwide, especially in young athletes. In this online activity, Mick Hughes will take you through the mechanisms of ACL injury, the current worldwide trends in ACL injuries and importantly, what we can do to reduce the risk of an ACL injury from occurring.
This is a recording of an ESSA webinar presented on 5 November 2020.
Presented by Mr Mick Hughes, M. Sports Physio, B. Physio. B. Ex Sci
Mr Mick Hughes is a Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist at the Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre. He has a strong clinical interest in ACL injury prevention and rehabilitation, and has presented on these topics both nationally and internationally. He is also the co-founder of both the Melbourne ACL Rehabilitation Guide and www.learn.physio
(a website for online continuing education).
Rates per person
Please see terms & conditions for registration type definitions.
|ESSA Student Member
Access to Online Activity
Your online activity will be available in your ESSA learning profile after purchase. Please click here to access your ESSA learning profile.
Any Accredited Exercise Scientist, Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 1, Accredited Sports Scientist Level 2 and/or Accredited High Performance Manager
ESSA CPD Points
Successful completion of an assessment, within 60 days is required to earn applicable CPD Points
Online: After signing into your ESSA profile, select the blue "Register Now" button on the right
Manual Form: click here
International Membership Registration (including BASES, CEPA and SESNZ): click here
* Credit card payment is required with online registration.
* If a tax invoice is required for payment to be made, please use the manual form.
* Upon registering to any ESSA professional development, you automatically agree to our terms & conditions.
- All accredited persons, regardless of any professional development completed/ attended must refer to their accreditation’s Scope of Practice/Standards, and only treat/practice within the same.
- ESSA confirms that at the date of release, this professional development meets the requirements of the ESSA Continuing Professional Development Points Guidelines. The information contained in this professional development is of a general nature only, and while every effort and care has been taken to ensure that all representations are accurate as at the date of its release, ESSA accepts no legal liability for any loss or damage suffered as a result of any information provided in this professional development.
- ESSA recommends that its members seek appropriate independent professional advice specific to their particular purposes and circumstances (including the provision of medical advice to patients) before relying on it.
- All Professional Development logistics are correct at time of publication. Subject to change at anytime without notice.